Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Life Goals

I feel like there is this nagging thing adults love to do where they ask little kids what they want to be when they grow up. People have been asking me that now for 21 years and honestly I am still at a loss. When I was little, I wanted to be an astronaut. Then a cowgirl. Then a teacher. Teaching stuck with me the longest, but as I started college, I quickly began to pull away from that as well. I am now at the point where I have chosen the major that I will finish the quickest. That is psychology. Don't ask me why, but I love it. It is amazing to understand the way people think and why they do things. I will be the first to admit that a lot of the stuff is just opinion, but nevertheless I will eventually have a degree. So here is my first life goal:

1. FINISH COLLEGE.

Its in all caps because after 4 years and with 2 more still to go, it is a daunting task that is taking a lot longer than it needs. The reason deciding what I wanted to be was so hard was because the answer in my heart was never taken seriously. At least, not until I met my husband. To me, the best job in the whole world is a stay-at-home mom. People of the world look down on this, except in the church. My husband was thrilled that I wanted to stay home. He loves being the bread-winner. As I have studied more about the importance of mothers I have discovered this life goal:

2. Always be home at the crossroads.

This is a pretty popular saying in the world of mothering, but basically it just means being at home when your children are coming and going. Here are some more family-related goals:

3. Teach my children how to stand strong in their testimonies.
4. Encourage my children to be the best they can and to always remember how special they are.
5. Tell my children each day that I love them.
6. Support my husband as the priesthood leader in our home.
7. Encourage family bonding time.

There are probably many more family goals, but I also have religious goals:

8. Serve a companion mission with my husband.
9. Go to the temple as often as possible.
10. Develop as many talents as possible.
11. Create a lifestyle that is worth of exaltation.
12. Endure until the end.

Other less important goals include:
13. Travel to a different country.
14. Go on a cruise.
15. Buy a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment